Sunday 19 September 2010

Me and my stagnant social life...

I digged out an old Salsa video CD from my London boxes yesterday and started watching them. They were salsa dance performances recorded at the 2006 Salsa congress in London which Jasmine and I went to. It was a 3 days intensive salsa workshops, courses and music held at Butlins. The first salsa workshop starts as early as 8:30am and ends each day with a party at the dance hall till 3am ! It was so much fun for the Salsa addicts like us !

Watching the video made me realised how much of a social life I had back in London. I missed the all night salsa dancing, summer parties, art exhibitions and events. There were plenty to do and to go everyday of the week. The cooling weather made it easier to travel to places too.

Ever since I got back, my social life has been pretty stale. I have been swamped with work and what with the time difference with my UK office, I'll consider myself lucky if I get to leave before 8pm. Apart from the few dinner and brunch gathering with some friends, I realised my social life hasn't been particularly active ever since my return. It is so easy to slip into a work-home-TV-sleep routine and so damn hard to find my momentum to get active again ! Whatever happen to my 3-4 times of swimming a week ? Whatever happen to dancing at least twice a week ! Yoga once a week ! Economics lessons once a week ! (Ok, I still have my economics lessons but that's hardly active in a physical sense!)

Today, I finally managed to get my arse up and off to the Chevron club next to my office for a swim. There is no pool only membership. I had to get the gym membership in order to use the pool but look at it.... it's worth every penny even though I think I would only use it for the pool. It's 2 bus-stops away from my house and a 10 mins walk away from my office. There will now be no more excuses to not go for a swim at least three times a week !

No comments:

Post a Comment