Saturday 18 September 2010

Home coming - Goodbye London !

I've been back from London for 6 months now and just about adapting to a "somewhat new" Asian lifestyle and culture again. Who would have thought I'll be away for 10 years ?

On reflection, I had some of my best times and moments in London. Where better to spend the best part of a young adult life than in one of the most vibrant cosmopolitan city in the world. The freedom and independence I experienced through the liberal spirit of the arts and the society in London is pretty unforgettable - whether one agrees with it is not the point. I still miss London very much and the memories I have of it, is I believe will stay with me for a very long time.

I'm going through a lot of mixed emotions. My heart is still very much in London and yet my mind knows I should be back in Singapore. I know I can never have the best of both worlds and I decided to let my mind take the lead.

I have never really been an emotionally led person and I'm not sure if this is an advantage or disadvantage in life. I think it's always easier to use the mind to think than to use the heart to do the same job. The heart isn't meant for thinking afterall...

Anyway, time will tell if I made the right choice to return and if I can survive the landmines of the Asian lifestyle and culture once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment